The Maple Tree School System (TMTS) is committed to protecting the privacy of our families, students, employees, alumni and other individuals about or from whom we collect personal information. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us.
During the course of our various projects and activities, we frequently gather and use personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or dealing with this information is subject to consent. Consent is given upon signing the TMTS Application for Admission, as well as the Student/Parent Consent Forms/Waiver signature page. Our privacy practices are designed to achieve this.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
TMTS collects and uses personal information to provide students with the best possible learning experience. TMTS requires the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
Information provided by you will be used for following legitimate interests:-
- To deliver educational services to your child.
- To protect the welfare of your child, promote the objects and interest of our schools, ensure the most efficient management of the schools and ensure that the schools’ legal obligations are adhered to.
- To store this information on the school’s chosen management information system.
- To use your child’s photograph as part of a manual ID system on the school management information system.
- To use your child’s photograph internally within the school for display in school halls or classrooms.
- To manage any queries or disputes you or your child may have with us or that we have with you or your child;
- To communicate with students and parents, process applications, assess and determine the suitability of a prospective or current student for admission and for a particular grade, level, or classroom.
- To administer and provide educational and extra-curricular programs.
- To enable the school to operate its administrative functions, including payment and collection of school fees; administration; billing and accounting; and maintenance of non-educational school programs, including parent and volunteer participation.
- To maintain the smooth operation of building security policies, including sign out registers and phone calls.
- To communicate with members of TMTS staff about physical or emotional health issues that are deemed important for the safety of the student and for the maintenance of a safe and harassment-free environment.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifiable information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties.
- Right to request access to your personal information.
- Right to request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to request deletion of your personal information.
- Right to object to processing of your personal information.
- Right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Right to request the transfer of your personal information to another organisation (e.g. another school).